To ensure our caregivers are paid when they show up to work a shift and the shift is canceled due to company error (i.e. not communicating cancellation, etc.)
- Caregiver must notify the agency if they show up to work and the client does not want them to stay to work their shift.
- Team coordinator will verify with the client that they do not want the caregiver to complete the shift.
- Team coordinator will determine why the client does not want them the caregiver to complete the shift.
- Based on the reason why the client does not want the caregiver to work will determine the show up pay for the caregiver for that shift. See examples below:
- Caregiver shows up and the client sends them away and the shift is canceled by the client at that time. We would bill the client for the whole shift (due to less than 24-hour notice) and pay the caregiver for the whole shift.
- Caregiver shows up and the client send them away because there was an error made by the agency. We would not bill the client for the shift and the caregiver would be paid for 2 hours.