Schedule Change - Employee Driven
- If employee calls to cancel their shift, more than 24 hours before their scheduled shift:
- Seek to understand why the employee can no longer work a shift he / she committed to.
- Provide in the moment coaching, if applicable, regarding keeping commitments and the impact this has on our clients.
- If there is no way around the cancellation, thank the employee for calling and confirm the shift will be cancelled.
- Re-staff the shift and confirm change with the client/staffing contact once re-staffed
- If employee calls to cancel their shift, less than 24 hours before their scheduled shift:
- Let employee know we require 24 hour notice for any schedule change, and we will still need the employee to be at the shift.
- Use negotiation tactics outlined prior.
- If employee takes issue with this, the Team Coordinator must engage the Clinical Manager / Administrator to determine if an exception will be made.
- **IF an exception is made to cancel the shift within 24 hours of the scheduled time, the Team Coordinator must restaff the shift and confirm with client/ staffing contact once re-staffed
- If the shift is still open within 4 hours of the shift, the Clinical Manager / Administrator must be notified to help problem solve